UH Mānoa Bicycling Committee (UHMBC)
The mission of the UHMBC is to create an environment at UH Mānoa which increases bicycling use through safer and more accessible roads and paths, improves bike resources on campus, develops biking policies and programs, and promotes a bike-friendly environment.
The committee members are made up of faculty, staff, and students who are interested in collaborating and working with the various campus, state, city, and neighborhood groups to develop a bike-friendly environment for the Mānoa campus and the State of Hawaiʻi.
If interested in joining this group, please e-mail Ann Sakuma to be added to the UHMBC Listserv.
2012 BikeUHM Event: Halloween on Wheels
October 19, 2011 Hamilton Library Plaza
Photos Courtesy of Harry Partika and Phyllis Look
In Spring 2011, UH Mānoa submitted an application for the campus to be recognized as a Bicycle Friendly University. As part of the review process, the League of American Bicyclists conducted a survey in February 2011 to seek input from faculty, staff, and the student body to obtain a broader view of the UH Mānoa campus. The League has recognized the university with an Honorable Mention.
- BFU Press Release: March 9, 2011 (PDF)
- 2011 Recognition: Honorable Mention (PDF)
- UH Mānoa Application: Spring 2011 (PDF)
- BFU Scoring Guidelines (PDF)
Comments and recommendations from the panel of judges were received in May 2011 to assist UH Mānoa in making the campus more bicycle-friendly.
- Cycle Mānoa - a grass-roots student run organization started in 2008
- Alliance for Biking and Walking
- US Department of Transportation: Bicycle and Pedestiran Accommodation
- Oahu Bike Plan - August 2012
- 2005 Master Bike Plan (PDF)