Academy for Creative Media to hold open call for lead actor in big screen adaptation of Kung FuUniversity of Hawaiʻi
Academy for Creative Media
HONOLULU - Legendary Pictures (Superman Returns, 300) is producing a feature film based on the popular 1970s television series Kung Fu. The University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa Academy for Creative Media will hold an Open Call for the lead actor in this film as part of their ACM 385 Master Class series.
The class will conduct a search to cast the lead character, CAINE. In the film, Caine is male, around 30 years old, with a Chinese mother and American Father. The story takes place in the American Old West during the 1800s and is a Martial Arts Western. A martial arts background is not necessary, but the ideal candidate for the role should be physically fit with some athletic training, preferably in martial arts, gymnastics or dance.
Male actors of Asian or hapa (mixed Asian) descent between the ages of mid-20s to mid 30s are invited to the Open Call.
Requirements for the Open Call
· Prepare a one-minute monologue of your choosing, delivered in English
· Prepare a one-minute demonstration of your martial arts or athletic ability — You will be timed and stopped at the end of one minute!
· Bring your headshot/resume as well as CLEARLY LABELED demo reels or publicity materials that will help us get to know you and your talents better — unfortunately, original materials CANNOT BE RETURNED
· Be prepared to wait — possibly all session
· Candidates clearly not right for the role will not be read
· Call-backs will take place on the same day, at the end of the session
· If you have already auditioned for casting, it is not necessary to attend
The Open Call takes place as follows:
Date: Friday, November 30, 2007
Time: 4 to 7 p.m.
Address: University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
2550 Campus Road, Crawford 115
Honolulu, HI 96822
UH campus parking available after 4 p.m. for $3 (parking zones 2 and 3 are near Crawford).To view parking zone map, log on to http://www.hawaii.edu/parking/permittedNEW.pdf.
For further information please check out our website http://www.hawaii.edu/acm/.No phone calls please!
For more information, visit: http://www.hawaii.edu/acm/