University of Hawaii to honor more than 40 faculty and staff at system convocation awardsUniversity of Hawaiʻi
External Affairs & University Relations
HONOLULU - More than 40 faculty and staff from all University of Hawaiʻi campuses will be recognized and presented with various teaching, research and service awards at the University of Hawaiʻi‘s 2007 Convocation Awards Ceremony, a celebration of excellence within the 10-campus system.
The ceremony will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 5, at 10 a.m. in Orvis Auditorium on the UH Mānoa campus. A luncheon will follow the ceremony at the Campus Center Ballroom.
UH Board of Regents Chairperson Kitty Lagareta and UH President David McClain will present remarks during the ceremony. Presenting the awards will be Lagareta and McClain, UH Mānoa Chancellor Virginia Hinshaw, UH Hilo Chancellor Rose Tseng, UH West Oʻahu Chancellor Gene Awakuni, Hawaiʻi CC Chancellor Rockne Freitas, Honolulu CC Chancellor Ramsey Pedersen, Kapiʻolani CC Chancellor Leon Richards, Kauaʻi CC Chancellor Peggy Cha, Leeward CC Interim Chancellor Manuel Cabral, Maui CC Chancellor Clyde Sakamoto, and Windward CC Chancellor Angela Meixell.
In addition to administrators, faculty and staff from across the system, guests at this year‘s ceremony will include Sen. Norman Sakamoto, Sen. Brian Taniguchi, Sen. Jill Tokuda and Rep. Mark Takai.
Presented annually to recognize faculty and staff from all the campuses throughout the UH system for their excellence in teaching, research and service, the awards include:
- Regents‘ Medal for Excellence in Teaching
- Regents‘ Medal for Excellence in Research
- Willard Wilson Award for Distinguished Service to the University
- President‘s Award for Excellence in Buildings and Grounds Maintenance
- Frances Davis Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Hung Wo and Elizabeth Lau Ching Foundation Award for Faculty Service to the Community
- Masaki and Momoe Kunimoto Memorial Award for Outstanding Contributions to Career and Technical Education
- Robert W. Clopton Award for Outstanding Service to the Community
- UH Mānoa Chancellor‘s Citation for Meritorious Teaching
- UH Mānoa Chancellor‘s Awards for Outstanding Service
- UH Mānoa Distinguished Graduate Mentoring Award
- UH Hilo Chancellor‘s Awards
A webcast of the ceremony can be viewed shortly after the event at www.hawaii.edu/about/awards. It will be available on the website for up to one year following the event. The ceremony will also be broadcast live on Mānoa Campus Cable Channel 67 and at the following campus HITS locations:
- Honolulu CC: Bldg 7, Rm 420
- Kapiʻolani CC: Naio 110
- Kauaʻi CC: LRC 122
- Leeward CC: ITV Studio (Library Room 116)
- Maui CC: Kaʻaike 105A
- Molokai Education Center: Room 102
- UH Hilo: LRC 350
It will also be broadcast in the near future on ʻOlelo Channel 55.
For more information, visit: http://www.hawaii.edu/about/awards