Outstanding UH Manoa student employees honoredUniversity of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Center for Career Development & Student Employment
HONOLULU - Four students have won cash scholarships and recognition in the 22nd Annual Student Employee of the Year (SEOTY) Awards Ceremony held on April 11 at the UH Mānoa Campus Center.
Overall winner is Phoebe Hwang, a biology major, who worked as student assistant in the Department of Public Health Sciences. She receives a $750 scholarship and will compete in the regional competition for Student Employee of the Year;
- Category winner is Ryland Watanabe, MIS & Management major, who worked as student administrative assistant in the Department of International Programs. He receives a $500 scholarship. Also, Hwang and Watanabe will have their names placed on the President‘s Trophy that is on display in the Queen Lili‘uokalani Center for Student Services.
The following two finalists each received $250 scholarships:
- Monica Tan, a business major who worked as office manager assistant in the Department of Human Nutrition, Food and Animal Science; and
- Debbie Quibilan, a pre-nursing student who worked as an assistant in the Office of International Education.
Two student teams of the year were also recognized:
- the Center for Career Development and Student Employment; and
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
Both teams were added on the Dean‘s Trophy displayed in the Queen Lili‘uokalani Center for Student Services.
For more information, visit: http://sece.hawaii.edu/seoty2007.htm