What to bring
On Move-in day...
Halls have carts or dollys to help you move your stuff into your room but it would be faster if everything is boxed or bundled togeather.
Please note that the following halls DO NOT HAVE AN ELEVATOR:
- Hale Kahawai
- Hale Laulima
- Johnson Hall
- Hale Anuenue
Shipping your personal items
Personal belongings shipped to your residence halls must be pre-paid, shipped directly to your hall, and timed to arrive after hall opening. Click here for the address of your hall.
As an alternative to shipping, please consider the following options:
- Schedule a shopping trip(s) to purchase personal items after you've moved in.
- Get linen through the Residence Hall Linen Program
Suggested Items to Have
For Your Room
- Alarm clocks
- Mattress Width = 38"
- Mattress Length = 80"
- Mattress Height = 7"
- Computer and network cable
- Desk or Study lamp and bulbs
- Kitchenware (apts. only)
- Laundry basket & detergent
- Linen (long boy sheets 80") & towels
- Microwave (limit 1 per room)
- Personal toiletries
- Small refrigerator (limit 1 per bedroom, can not exceed 4.5 cu ft and should be energy star compliant)
- Stationery supplies (pens, pencils, paper, envelopes and stamps, tape, stapler, paper clips, calculator, etc.)
- Trash can (apts. only)
- Cleaning products (dust cloth, sponge, hand-vacuum, etc.)
- A few plates, mugs, glasses, utensils for snacks (For apartment, toilet paper and a full complement of kitchen equipment is needed)
- First-aid kit (adhesive strip, antiseptic cream, medicine, etc.)
- Surge suppressors for all electronic equipment such as TV's, stereo, DVD player, computers, etc.
- White "tack gum" and painter's tape for hanging posters on walls
- Towels and wash cloths
- Soap and soap dish
- Rubber slippers for the showers
- Personal care products (toothpaste, shampoo, razor, etc.)
- Hair dryer/curling iron
- Small plastic tote to carry supplies from room to shower
Laundry basket or bag
Detergent, bleach, softener, etc.
Money for laundry card
- Phone/answering machine (phone service is not included but can be ordered for an extra charge. See your community desk for details.)
- Iron & ironing board
- Sports Equipment
- Sewing Kit
- Can opener
The following items are prohibited. (this is not a complete list)
- Self-balancing scooters or hoverboards
- Aerials, antennas extending outside the building
- Dangerous chemicals
- Barbeque grills
- Weapons/firearms: guns, paintball guns, spear, bb guns, pellet guns and/or ammunition, etc.
- Knives (Other than kitchen knives)
- Pets (except fish or officially approved service or comfort animals) or lab animals
- Candles, incense, oil lamps, open flame devices, potpourri pots
- Illegal Drugs
- Homemade or modified electrical wiring
- Gas or any flammable liquid
- Non-University/Housing issued furniture
- Air conditioners, Ceiling fans
- Halogen lights/lamps
- Firecrackers, fireworks, explosives
- Slingshots, arrows, axes, machetes
- Laser pointers
- Nun-chuks, throwing stars
- Motor vehicle batteries and acids
- Personal lofts or any other structure
- Non-University/Housing issued locks for your door