GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP TUITION WAIVERS
- Graduate Assistants must be in good academic standing and carry a minimum of 6 credits while employed as a Graduate Assistant unless approved and enrolled in 700F or 800.
- Graduate Assistants must be employed at least 12 weeks during the semester (not including spring break during the spring semester).
- Graduate Assistants are responsible for paying their student fees. Failure to do so will result in a Financial Obligation inhibiting their usage of services on campus such as: borrowing of books at any UH System library, gym usage, etc.
- Graduate Assistants must submit a Graduate Assistant Tuition Exemption Request Form (GATEX) form every semester (regardless of whether their appointment continues from a previous semester) to receive a tuition waiver.
- Graduate Assistant appointments are 0.50 FTE appointments that carry full tuition exemptions, or .25 FTE appointments that carry an exemption half the total tuition, excluding any student fees.
- Appointments at less than 0.50 FTE require semester approval from the Office of Graduate Education. Such appointments are approved only in truly exceptional cases.
- Graduate assistants who are registering for more than 9 credits or who may want to work more than 20 hours a week must obtain approval from the Office of Graduate Education. The required form is found here.
- Graduate assistants may always check the status of their tuition exemption via the MyUH Portal.