Psychological Assessment Services
Another service we offer to UH students is psychological assessment/testing. Psychological assessment is an umbrella term that includes but is not limited to personality testing, testing for learning disability (LD), and ADHD assessment. CSDC offers a variety of assessment services to meet the needs of students in support of their academic, career, and personal goals:
- Personality Assessment
- Learning Disability (LD) Assessment
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Assessment
- Irlen Screening/Testing & Treatment
- Assessment of the effectiveness of current on-going psychological treatment
- And more…
CSDC offers individual evaluations for learning disorders, as well as other testing in association with personal or career counseling. Your counselor can help you decide if these services are right for you.
For an overview of the testing procedures and guidelines, download and read the: CSDC Assessment Policies and Procedures (PDF).
Are you experiencing the following difficulties?
If you have been experiencing any of the following difficulties — get easily distracted, dfficulty sustaining attention, often forgetful, have trouble getting organized, saying things without really thinking about it, procrastination, have difficulty reading and/or difficulty figuring out math problems, and/or difficulty with writing assignments, and/or have difficulty communicating with other people (e.g., understanding what others say, difficulty expressing yourself, etc.) — you might be interested in finding out what's really going on and learning ways to deal with the difficulties.
Eligibility For Services and Fees
Assessment services were initiated due to the need for formal LD/ADHD testing and documentation for academic and formal testing accommodations. To make these services more accessible and affordable to students, these services are offered at a lower rate than in the outside community and give students the option to pay in installments.
- Eligibility: Full-time or part-time students are eligible for student discount testing rates. If assessment services are requested, an initial appointment is made with the assessment coordinator to determine eligibility for services and discuss the process.
- Service Fees: Cost of assessment services are related to the type of assessment. A fee schedule is available through your intake counselor.
How to Obtain Services
Hourly appointments are available, Monday to Friday, starting at 8:30 am, with the last appointment at 3:30 pm. If you are interested in psychological assessment/testing, please call CSDC at (808) 956-7927 or walk into the Center to set up an intake appointment.
Additionally, please download the following application form, fill it out as thoroughly as possible, and bring this to your assessment appointment: