In the Event of an Emergency
If an emergency arises for which you need to speak with a counselor or if you are concerned about someone and would like to consult with a counselor, please call CSDC at (808) 956-7927 and ask to speak to the crisis counselor.
- There will be counselors-on-duty from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays through Fridays (except holidays).
- Crisis Intervention ("walk-in") services are available during regular working hours by the on-call counselor for students needing immediate assistance. If you would prefer to talk to a counselor in person, you are welcome to walk into the Center and ask to speak to the crisis counselor.
If you are living on-campus and need to reach a counselor after 4:30 p.m., there are counselors (i.e., Counselors-In-Residence or "CIRs") who are available for crises and emergencies after hours.
- In the event of an emergency, residents of UH Mānoa student housing may contact a Counselor-in-Residence (CIR). CIRs can be reached by contacting most housing staff members, including your Resident Assistant (RA), the RA on-call, or a Resident Director (RD).
- These times are from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m. on weekdays, and 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
- CIRs typically respond within 15 minutes, and arrive on-site to meet with students.
CSDC does not provide after-hours on-call services for off-campus residents. If you need to talk to someone on an emergency basis after 4:30 p.m. or during weekends and holidays, you may choose to call the "Access Line" at (808) 832-3100.
- Access Line: 832-3100 handles all types of Mental Health Crisis Questions 24 hours a day / 7 days a week and can respond appropriately to questions of Suicide, Dangerousness, and other Mental Health Crisis.
- For a referral to other community resources, you may choose to call ASK-2000 (275-2000).
- In a life-threatening situation, you may choose to call HPD at 911 or go to a hospital emergency room.
More helpful numbers and websites are available on these pages:
- On-campus: UH Mānoa Resources
- On- and off-campus: Community Resources
- On-line: Self-Help
- Helping a Student: Concerned About Someone
In any on-campus emergency which represents a threat to safety or life, call Campus Security at (808) 956-6911, or HPD at 911.