students walking on campus

Concerned About Someone: Helping a Student

Identifying and Helping a Student in Distress

Read our Guide To Helping A Student In Distress -- a guide for faculty, students, and parents - for some basic guidelines to help you identify, refer, and in some cases, personally assist students in distress.

Making Referrals to CSDC

If you are concerned about the well-being of a UHM student, a CSDC crisis counselor may be available for consultation. If you would like to refer a student to the Center, please encourage them to call us at (808) 956-7927 and make an appointment.

If you are with a student in a crisis situation, you may call us and/or accompany the student to our Center. See our Emergency Consultation page for more information.