Students must be a candidate for summer or fall graduation. A minimum 3.0 overall GPA as of August 2016 is required.
Basis for Evaluation
- Content: The speech is thoughtful, creative and inspirational; and relatable to both the students and audience. It should not exceed five minutes.
- Delivery: The student projects voice and paces speech well, and connects with the audience; making regular eye contact and using written notes sparingly/not at all.
- Sign-up to audition via the Student Speaker Google Form by Thursday, October 20, 2016.
- Email a copy of your speech to email@example.com by Friday, October 21, 2016.
- Be prepared to introduce yourself prior to the audition (not included in the time constraint). The judges may ask you a few questions about yourself before you begin your speech
- The content is to be identical to the content of the speech delivered in the ceremony.
- The order of auditions will be determined by lottery.
- The top three speakers of the first round will be asked to return on November 7th for a secound round of auditions
- The auditions are open to the public, but not to those auditioning. If attendees in any way distract the speaker or the audience from the speech, they will be asked to leave.
- A selection committee comprised of representatives from the administration, faculty, staff, students, and the alumni association will select the winning speech.
- All candidates will be notified of the committee's decision by email, letter, or phone call (winner).
- The selected speaker will meet with a faculty member from the Communicology Department prior to commencement for coaching.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.