Western Undergraduate Exchange
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a tuition program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). The WUE tuition rate is 150 percent of the University's resident tuition rate. The following regions are eligible for participation in the WUE:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- U.S. Pacific Territories and Freely Associated States*
*Only the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) and Guam can participate in the WUE at this time.
EligibilityThe determination of eligibility will be based upon the information that you provide on the online application. Award of the WUE tuition status will be included on your acceptance letter. If your acceptance letter reflects the non-resident tuition status and you feel that you are eligible for the WUE tuition status, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Please note that the following majors/status' are not eligible for the WUE:
- Nursing** and Dental Hygiene majors
- Those who already have received a bachelor's degree
- Unclassified status
- Students participating in A Semester In Hawaiʻi (ASH) exchange program
**Pre-Nursing students are eligible for the WUE until entry into the Nursing program. For more information, contact the Office of Admissions.
- By participating in the WUE tuition program, tuition is reduced on the basis of residency of a region listed above.
- Because tuition is reduced on the basis of residency of a region listed above, the process of establishing Hawaiʻi residency for tuition purposes cannot happen until after terminating participation in the WUE for a period of one year (AND meeting the necessary requirements to be eligible for resident tuition status during that one year). For more information on establishing Hawaiʻi residency for tuition purposes, contact the Office of Admissions.
- Should you choose not to participate in the WUE program, please contact the Office of Admissions.