Rainbow Warrior Checklist
1) VISIT US!
Gain insight and a first-hand Rainbow Warrior experience on a guided campus tour with our very own Rainbow Warrior students. Before the tour, you will participate in an information session hosted by an admissions counselor. We offer tours and information sessions daily, Monday through Friday.SCHEDULE A VISIT
2) SUBMIT INTENT TO ENROLL & TUITION DEPOSIT
Fall Deadline: May 1
Spring Deadline: November 1
Confirm your attendance at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa by submitting your $200 tuition deposit online.
3) CREATE YOUR MYUH ACCOUNT
Create your MyUH account so we can stay in touch with you. You must first create your UH username (click on “Get A UH Username”), and then follow directions prompted on the website. Your MyUH account gives you access to the following:
- Gmail (your UH Mānoa email account)
- MyUH portal (access your account information, including financial aid & class registration)
- STAR Database (track your progress towards graduation, transfer credits, search & apply for scholarships)
- SECE(look for on-campus employment and more)
- Laulima (communicate with your professors and complete class assignments)
4) PAYING FOR COLLEGE
Apply for financial aid & scholarships
FAFSA Deadline: February 1
Consider this a lifelong investment for your future. Help finance your journey by applying for financial aid, which includes grants, scholarships*, federal work-study, and loans. To apply, submit a Free Application for Student Assistance (FAFSA) by February 1, or as soon as possible. The University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa’s Federal School Code is: 001610. *Scholarship deadlines include:
- New Warrior Scholarships - January 15
- STAR Database Scholarships - February 15
- University of Hawaiʻi System Scholarships - March 1
Tuition Payment and Payment Plans
Tuition Payment and Payment Plans
Spring Deadline: January 17
Payment deadlines are determined by your registration date. If you registered between May 22 through July 21, your payment deadline is July 21. If you registered for classes after July 21, your deadline for payment is August 30. You may pay your bill online via Star GPS If you have applied for financial aid, and received an award, it will reflect your financial aid on your bill. Payment plans are available beginning July 1, if you have already registered.
5) APPLY FOR STUDENT HOUSINGFall Deadline: May 1
Spring Deadline: December 1
If you are interested in living on campus, you must submit the housing application. To begin the application process, you will need the following:
- UH ID Number (found on your acceptance letter)
- MyUH email account (see #3, Create your MyUH Account)
- $25 non-refundable application fee
Application for Fall student housing will be available in January and in October for Spring. Student Housing will notify you via your MyUH email account when your application is complete. Please note:
- After your application is complete, a housing contract will be delivered to your MyUH email account
- A $400 housing deposit must be submitted to the Student Housing office by the date specified in your contract offer
- Your housing contract will provide details on deposit payment, type of room, and name of your residential hall
Unfortunately, if you do not send the housing deposit by deadline indicated on your contract, Student Housing will cancel your contract so they can assign your space to another student. It is critical that you check your MyUH email account!APPLY FOR HOUSING
You are required to purchase a meal plan each semester if you live in Hale Anuenue, Frear Hall, Gateway House, and Hale Aloha Towers. You are automatically enrolled in the “Select 10,” a 10-meal per week plan that can be changed should you want more meals per week. If you are a commuter student or a student in the on-campus apartments, you do not have to purchase a meal plan, but do have the option if you choose.STUDENT MEAL PLANS
6) SUBMIT HEALTH CLEARANCEhawaii.edu/shs/health_clearance
Fall Deadline: July 15
Spring Deadline: December 2
We want to make sure all of our Rainbow Warriors are in fighting shape. Please submit your health clearance form to University Health Services, which we included in your acceptance packet. You can also find it online at hawaii.edu/shs/health_clearance. All students must complete the tuberculosis requirement to register for classes. Health Clearance Requirements:
- MMR - 2 doses - Submit your Measles/Mumps/Rubeola vaccination record or the results of an antibody test administered by a licensed healthcare professional
- Tuberculosis Test - Submit your results from a TB test administered by a licensed healthcare professional
Students Coming from Foreign Countries: You must receive a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray from a U.S. licensed healthcare provider (M.D., D.O., A.P.R.N., or P.A.). The U.S. licensed healthcare practitioner must document the state he/she is licensed and license number. When you arrive in Honolulu, you may take a skin test at the University Health Services, the Hawaiʻi State Department of Health, or at a physician’s office. If your test results are positive, a chest X-ray is required.SUBMIT HEALTH CLEARANCE
7) SUBMIT FINAL DOCUMENTS
Before you become a full-fledged Rainbow Warrior, you must submit your final documents to the Office of Admissions:
- Final official high school and/or college transcripts (with final grades)
- Official test scores
8) REGISTER FOR CLASSESFall registration opens: May 22
Every Warrior’s journey has a path. For Fall Semester, create your class schedule and register for classes through STAR GPS. STAR GPS guides students to timely graduation; combining student history with their academic program information, creating a graduation pathway. Your registration appointment time can be found in MyUH Services
We encourage you to meet with an academic advisor. Each College and School provides advising services. The cover letter to your acceptance packet denotes the College or School that you are admitted. Contact information for your academic advisor is provided here, listed by College or School. Undecided on a major? You will meet with an advisor in the Mānoa Advising Center.CREATE YOUR CLASS Registration tutorial videos
Placement TestsFall Deadline: Consult with advisor
Some Warriors may have additional tests that they must complete prior to beginning their journey. You may contact your academic advisor if required to take a placement test. Both MyUH portal and STAR will prompt students if a placement exam is required. Placement tests are available in:
- Math (available online)
- Chemistry (available online)
9) GETTING ORIENTED
We offer a variety of options to help you transition into the Rainbow Warrior Way. More information about these programs will be communicated through your MyUH email account.
- One-Day Freshman/Transfer Orientation Program: Primarily for students who live on the island of Oʻahu, although the invite is open to all who will be on island the day of the event.
- Week Of Welcome (WOW): Primarily for students who are out-of-state, neighbor island, and international; WOW coincides with your residence hall check-in. Get ready to move-in and enjoy a week of activities to get you orientated.
- Unable to attend either? If you are living in the residence halls, they will have orientation type activities for you to participate in as well. Please check the Mānoa Move-In site (when available) for information on your move-in dates.
For further information on the One-Day Freshman Orientation Program or Week of Welcome, visit hawaii.edu/nso.
For further information on residence-hall move in, visit manoa.hawaii.edu/housing.